Sunday 19 April 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. My aim is to detail my investment activities (on at least a weekly basis) as I continue to develop my investment portfolio.

I have been investing since late 2003, and am 38 years old. My portfolio value stands at £141,000. The majority (but not all) of my investment decisions are income based (to provide a steady and rising dividend income stream).

Each week I will post my thoughts on companies I am looking at, as well as a summary of my dividend income.
I will also provide an update on capital performance at the same time - as there is little point in achieving a desired dividend income if it eats away at your starting capital!

I am based in the UK, and a fair proportion of my investments are UK based. I do, however, increasing look at US stocks. I buy these in my ISA so the income is tax free and I do not have to declare it on my tax returns. I like US stocks at present - I feel they will be the first to emerge from recession and currency movements are also in my favour.

One last point - these are all my own decisions made only for me. Nothing said is a recommendation to buy or sell and you MUST make your own decisions on whether to purchase a stock or not!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment